ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 1990 2+2 and have 110000 miles on it and have never replaced the shocks (atleast i havent, idk if other owners before me have) and my shocks are sagging a whole lot. My camber is totally outta wack (the tops of the tires are leaning in) which i believe is due to my shocks sagging. Is this correct information????

i believe thats why my camber is so bad so im thinking abou replacing them to correct my camber but if i put lowering springs on it, will i run into the same problem?

Id like to lower it a little, or keep it the same height. what camber kits do you guys use and will i get a messed up camber angle if i keep it low?

Post Edited (Jan 19, 11:51am)

·
Registered
673 Posts
eibach pro springs + 300 degree (or equivalent) camber kit = happy car

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
It is your springs that are "sagging". If you install lowering springs, you will need a camber kit to fix the camber problem. <conceptzperformance.com>

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
shocks do not hold the vehicle up-its the springs, as in if the shocks are blown your car wont be lowered.

as said its the springs that are sagging-replace with eibach, tein, and theres a few other company, camber adj. kit and if you want new struts then tokico,or kyb

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not looking to keep this car for long... its falling appart faster than i can fix all of it, so i dont want to spend a great deal of time or money on something I wont enjoy for long.

im thinking about buying adjustible control arms in the front and rear to compensate for the camber problem.

its a cheaper and easier way because all i want is the camber corrected... the new struts would be nice but the work needed along with the price is too much for a car i wont be owning soon.

what do you guys think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.