ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....i was wondering.....if i wanted a 2 inch drop or maybe even 1 1/2 inch drop...what spring would i go with and what the price range is if i where to use some tokiko blue shocks? thanks....

·
Registered
3 Posts
MSA Springs $195.

I'm running MSA springs with Tokico shocks. My '82 ZX coupe has an air dam and side skirts and there's plenty of ground clearance. Lowering the car made it stick to mountain roads like it's cruising on rails.

The only downside is the ride's rough. And when I say rough, I don't mean rough like a Sedan De Ville with blown shocks. I mean kidney-shaking, dental filling scattering, eyeball-bouncing rough. When I take a fat speed bump at 15 MPH I feel the jolt from one end of my spine to the other. Still, I like the ZX low and maneuverable. To me, a hard ride is part of what goes with driving a sports machine.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
You hit speed bumps at 15mph!

****, I think that would be a hard hit in any car with halfway decent suspension. Not to mention thats probably the fastest way to trash your struts. I don't find the motorsport springs to be that stiff, I have some on a 78 and really like them.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.