ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I heard that it messes up the drivetrain geometry of the ZXs when you lower them. Is this true?
If it is not true, what is the best non-coilover suspension setup for an 81-83 ZX turbo with an automatic transmission? This car will be street driven only, but I dont mind if the suspension is pretty stiff.
I thought I would get urethane bushings all around, KYBs, and some Motorsport springs with the stock wheels and tires (for now! ) The turbo already has a rear sway bar, so I thought the harder bushings would be enough in that area for now.
I don't know a lot about suspension set-up, but I have seen some aftermarket camber/caster adjustments available. Are these products a good idea? Where can you learn about setting up that kind of stuff, or do you just put it all on and then drive to an alignment shop?
Thanks for all of your help,
Warren

· Registered
5,829 Posts
I lowered my car in the front and the rear. I used suspension techniques springs all the way aroung KYB's in the front and Tokico adjustables in the rear. Poly bushings all the way around, and adjusters on the front and the rear. I also got sway bars from Tweeks 1 1/4" in the front and 7/8" in the rear. I also made the front end strut rods adjustable and installed the ball and socket type replacements for the rubber bushings. The car handles like it is on rails now. The only thing that I am still having problems with is the rear of the car, it is still to light and that does affect cornering at high speeds and extreme turns under hard acceleration. I think I am going to do the thing everybody tries to get rid of, but add some weight to the rear of the car to fix the problem.
I have a web page with what I have just completed on the rear cross member at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt you may want to check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.