ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, on the auto temp controlled cars (mines an 83 280zxt) is there a lever to control the vents by your feet? I disassembled my interior several years back and installed new a while back...but I haven't been able to find a lever to control the lower vents and they always stay on...is there a way to fix this? and my car always blows heat, even when set on cold vent air when its 20 degrees outside? do you think its a stuck gate or something, and where exactly do I need to start looking? thanks in advance guys.

Spork

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum problem. I'm having similar problems with my 83 zxt. I've traced it to the vacuum tanks on the passenger side wheel well, near the charcoal filter. I just haven't found a used part to repair it yet. From this there are two vacuum lines that go to the fire wall and then to the interior actuators. Generally the problem is not under the dash, but if you took the interior (and dash) apart you may have a discontected line.

Also check for any leaks in the vacuum system.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

·
Registered
193 Posts
I Have a similar problem with my 83 ZX. Mine blows full hot unless I push it to full cold. Would this be a vacuum problem too?

·
Registered
655 Posts
You might try looking at the vacum lines on the vacum tank (4 lines on the bracket with the service light). I recently had a problem with the vents and decided to replace the magnetic switches but I don"t think that was it. What the biggest problem was the lines connected incorrectly. It flattened one line completely! Anyway think of the tank as dividen in half where the input side is toward the engine and the outputs are the fender side. The 2 lines through the firewall are the fender side and the two from the intake are the engine side. Try and see mine worked much better afterwards. If you think the tank is bad remove it and the switches and apply light vacum (by mouth or vacum tool) and see if it holds if so it's ok.
Enjoy the Ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.