ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sprayed a tone of WD-40 on it and it still wouldn't move at all, i'm afraid to really reef on it or i'll round it off

·
Registered
353 Posts
as long as it is the correct size wrench you shouldnt strip the bolt , they sell this stuff its called break loose or something , itn is very effective on old screws like that.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Heat that bitch up. Get some MAPP gas and a torch, and make it hot.

Also, make sure you're turning the right direction. I know it sounds stupid, but I made that same mistake on the rears a long, long time ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can't get a MAPP gas torch (they are $30-$40 at home depot w/MAPP gas) then try TIGHTENING the bolt slightly. I know it sounds crazy, but it was a trick my dad taught me and it works. Sometimes this will break the threads loose. If you get it to move at all by tightening it stop immediatley and try to loosen it. If you got it to move at all, it should break free.

The other trick he taught me was to pound on the head of the bolt with a hammer. Be careful not to scre up the head of the bolt. This can also jolt the threads loose but works less often for me than the tightening method.

MAPP gas torch works the best though....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hm...Mapp gas wasn't that expensive for me. It was like $10-15 for the bottle, and I already had a propane torch that fit over the end.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Meh, you're probably right. My one bottle lasted at least about 30 mins of straight torching though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.