ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i know the crank is the same. what about the actual block i'm almots posative thats the same... rods? they the same? (i'm talking NA to TT) what about bearings and stuff like that? I'm heavily considering just finding a blown engine or just a block and starting fresh from scratch on a TT build, granted it'll take over a year to complete as i will only throw a few bucks at it here and there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Block, rods, and bearings are the same, different pistons, heads are the same except TT have much larger ports, cams are the same, except 96, oil pump is the same except pressure spring.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
I believe the oil passage ways may be different, or it could just be the oil coolers themselves. Not sure if the coolant passages are, my TT engine had them bored out for cyl #6 before I got it. I'm 99% sure on the other things, but I'll let someone who actually knows it answer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
one big problem thought well it depends on how you look at it. are you thinking of taking an NA block and TTing it? If so youd need to drill and tap the block to accecpt the oil squirters that run down the middle of the block the are 3 total. they spary on the inside of the pistion skirts to keep them cool. i dont know how effective they are, but top nissan engineers put em there for i reason i guess.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Mr. redttz is on the right track...

ok the block is different as the crank webbing is beefier in additon to the oil squirters. Crank heads and pistons are different, I do not know about the rods for sure. Tim I would recomend getting a tt shortblock and build the rest.

MaxDoc

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
<http://ashspecz.com/gallery/slicktop/Na-TTConversion/natoturbo.htm> go read that that should answer every single question youve got.

Post Edited (Feb 1, 6:23pm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.