ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. Looking for help with the following issue. Manifold vacuum is running at 14#'s and should be based on the elevation in Phoenix at 19#'s. Engine idles a little rough as it is missing. The idle speed and timing are set to specification. Have replaced all vacuum lines. Did have a couple of holes in the underside of the intake that I used muffler paste to fill that brought the vacuum up by the EGR Valve. My thought is I have more holes that I can't get to and it is time for a new used manifold as Nissan does not have them any more for my year. My car is a 1977 280z early edition. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, sounds like you have some vacume leaks and the best thing to do is remove the manifold to completely clean it up to see just what you have. It's weird that you would have any holes in it as it's alum. and doesn't rust. But check it out, I have a liking to JB weld if you don't have access to a welder to fix it, the stuff works very well. You may just need to put a new intake gasket on and replace any/all hoses, pcv valve and so on. I wish you luck and if it's unsaveable try a wrecking yard to replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.