ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey TurboSi guy...........i could really care less about what you think!
I was just asking my280zisKillingme about how i can make my car bump
but hey, the more MYzIZkillingme's car bumps and the more my car bumps,
.............the more attention our z's get...........so go take your centrum silver!!!!
laterz

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
The more attention?

People who drive shitty cars, (or nice cars with shitty mods) always think the attention they get is cool.

99% of the people who look over at you "bumping" probably think you are a retard (just a phrase, not meaning to discriminate against those).

"Bumping" around town is a good way to get your stereo stolen also, I know many people who have had it happen to them, and also a few people who are the ones doing it.

How many cars with the "PIONEER" or "Rockford Fosgate" stickers on their windows, have you seen with hammered out locks? I have seen a few, they showed their stuff and other people were watching.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
very will put Tyson!

Nothing is more annoying than the "bumping" car! Lord knows I dont want to see those little "tricked" out Hondas and I do not want to hear them either! I always laugh my ass off at the dudes with the backwards baseball caps sitting in their cars listening to a bass track. IMO a total waste of time and money. BTW, my friends son did alot of jail time for stealing those high end car stereos!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Re: very will put Tyson!

Yep, when my friend's 5-0 got broken into, it was faster than he could get out of his house.

He woke up to hearing *bang* and his car alarm going off, the bang was them sending the lock into the trunk, he threw his clothes on and ran outside, only to see a set of taillights down the road.

In less than a minute they got his deck, 2 amps, and 4 rockford fosgate 12s, this was about $2,000 in stereo equipment that he lost becuase he went around "bumping".

In my Z I have a nice stereo, but I turn it off about 3 blocks from home.

·
Registered
880 Posts

bumping is a hobby just like trying to make your z faster than it came stock. instead of getting bigger turbos these guys get big sub woofers and amps. hey whatever floats your boat. but it is not stupid nor a waste of money. bet if you herd a pro stereo like at a car stereo you would be like "**** that really sounds good".

·
Registered
103 Posts
Centrum Silver response!

You so desperately crave attention from complete strangers that you may pass on the street, yet "could really care less" about what I think? Ahh, the simple and shallow innocence of youth! I merely suggest that your ambition to have the loudest music system in a Nissan product might be a serious misapplication of your obvious considerable talents. You may want to seek a degree in electrical engineering from MIT and earn some worthwhile attention.

·
Registered
887 Posts

You know this sounds a lot like talking Sh!t to a fallow Z owner,I also have a pretty hot stereo in both my Z and my IMPALLA,1 12" dual v/coil stroker,2 kicker 8's,6's,
and a pair of JBL plates powered by a 1000 D crossfire to the bass and a kenwood
PS 100 to the topend,it rocks a 6 disc. changer by clarion and you should here it.
The IMPALLA has two CROSSFIRE 15"BMF's w/a 1000 D running each woofer,a CROSSFIRE 440 running all the topend,it will take your breath away,for real,it distorts the air so bad it makes it hard to breath,also they both have FARMERS INSURANCE,INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Re: Centrum Silver response!

i understand where all these guys come from with the added attention of bass and the chance of theft. i am 19 and love the bass (gotta feel the music) but not too much, 2 12" alpine type R. with my cherry '81 280zx turbo and the excellent sound system, i get many thumbs as i drive down the road (t-tops off!). now it may just be the car that gets the attention while driving (i'm sure they hear it too!).but many who have heard the car say it to be almost as equally impressive. a kick ass car with a kick ass stereo system. what could be better? turn it up loud enough and it doubles as a back massager!

I have a friend who spent $6,000 on his stereo system. can be heard long before he is seen. at a db drag he hit 152 db. that's as loud as a jet taking off if you were standing right next to it! inside your head compresses when the bass hits.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Protect your hearing...

For the past 14 years I have made a living as a professional audio engineer. I do live sound (don't mess with studio stuff). **** I am around loud music all the time. The last thing I want to hear while driving my car is a loud bass beat! I go out of my way not to hear anything too loud... I have a crappy Blaupunkt cd/tuner, a 100 watts per channel JBL amp and the stock Z speakers. Sounds fine... since I loath the radio (they will only play what they want you to hear) I sometime listen to cd's, but 80% of the time I would rather turn off the radio and cd's and listen to the Z's motor.
BTW, if anyone lives near Springfield, VA, I am mixing a band called SEV (on Geffen Records) Sunday night at a club called JAXX (home of the washed up hair band) Come on out.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Gotta have them....

"Stereo endorsements" otherwise Farmer's Insurance along with some other Insurance Companies are just gonna replace it with a factory "Stock Unit"
Same goes for "Customs Rims & Paint jobs"

Helps to keep all your receipts too :)

Donna

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
hmmmm

Sounds like it might be fun. But when I have kids I want to hear what they did in school that day. The stereo in my Z isnt very loud, but it is crystal clear with some very expensive 6X9s and tweeters. I'd take clear sound over eardrum trashing bass any day.

Remember the Simpsons where Homer said "Rock concerts never affected my hearing", that is going to be your friend some day.

·
Registered
181 Posts
opinions are like a**holes...

everyones got one.

You know what troubles me with the world? People who claim that their opinions are right. An opinion is just that - an OPINION! The person driving that "bumping" car has just as much right to listen to it as you have to listen to silence (or Yanni, whichever is your forte). I happen to have a pickup truck with 4 twelve inch subs in the back (by the way, I'm 29 and have been working with systems for years) with 660 watts of power going only to them. You know what? I'll "bump" my ass off if I want to. You know why? Because I can. But, when I get to a stop light, I turn it down. Not off, just down... and some people still get ticked off. I just got a system for the Z, too... two tens, about 500 watts... doesn't that just eat at you knowing there's gonna be another Z out there in the world "bumping". You know, If I want to crank it, I will. If you are sitting next to me, just wait a freakin second, the light can't stay red forever. If my system gets stolen, it's my fault-not yours... so why are you so concerned? You know what? I hate country music, but I don't cry when I hear it. Most all I saw in the posts above was "I have an opinion, and you have an opinion... but your opinion is wrong" I've got two young kids, and that's the most childish thing I've heard all day.

Shayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.