ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i can cruse fine in all gears as long as im below 2250 rpm or so but once i start to get above that the oil pressure gauge starts to drop it still runs smooth and there are no noises and there is no evidence of a leak except for on the driverside valve cover very small someone said this is probably not why anyone have any other ideas

86turbo digital dash im thinking of getting a mechanical oil pressure gauge and see what happens i dont trust this digital junk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is it a leak or a seep? If it's a seep, you won't really notice it. I.E. There would be no puddle on the ground but you might see smoke if it hits hot engine parts. If it's a leak, you'll see a puddle. A seep doesn't really have to be fixed right away but a leak should. A leak can adversely affect oil levels too.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Maybe replace the oil pressure sending unit? I think it's right by the oil filter and isn't very expensive.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i know the earlier z sending units sucked and rarely work right i just didnt know if it carried over to the 300

·
Registered
430 Posts
Replace the sending unit with one that has a solid back and snug the valve cover screws down.....

Remove the neg batt cable before messing with the sending unit though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.