ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, brand new to the community. This will be my first Datsun, if everything works out with the PPI and the deal doesn't fall through with the seller. I know this is for cars for sale, but I would love the hear from people who own this car and who can take a look at the information I have and see if this seems like a good deal / price etc.

1976 Datsun 280z
RestoMod
5 speed manual transmission
Located in San Diego, CA
Clean title, under the seller's name
Registration up to date and he's getting it smogged tomorrow before the PPI and sale
Supposedly third owner, and SUPPOSEDLY original 16k miles. (Based on previous owners and his own accounting this MIGHT be accurate, but I doubt its more then 116k at most)

Haven't driven it yet, or seen it in person. Going down there on Monday for the process. But what are your thoughts?

datsun_007.jpg

datsun_004.jpg

datsun_006.jpg

datsun_005.jpg

Really excited by this, I personally love the look I know it's not original or for a purist. But I want to hear honest feedback / opinions and maybe warnings for what do I look out for / ask about?

Thanks everyone!

Elliott

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Just a reminder that the odometer is only 5 digits so it can roll over 100,000 without any indication. Check for rust under floorpans and hatch and framerails. Not a bad specimen.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,408 Posts
"Restomod" can mean anything from different wheels and transmission to a car that has been thoroughly messed with, and not to its benefit.

The car looks good, but I'm always reluctant to buy a car that someone else has customized. It can mean an ongoing headache of non-stock parts and compromised functions.

It would be a good idea to see if you can get a complete list of all changes made to the car, including the brand of any parts which have been changed to non-stock.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Buy it. If it doesn't have rust issues and you can afford it, buy it. Because these are getting more expensive every year.
Ask him about the condition of the dash underneath the dash cover. That interior looks great. Cash is king, man... if you got it, get it!

Bon

Reactions: oregonipa
1 - 4 of 4 Posts