ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not quite sure if this exists, but I was wondering if anyone with a Tec II or similar could send me a spreadsheet of the values. Things like timing at rpm, fuel flow at rpm, fuel flow at boost, ignition retard under boost, etc. I have the SDS system and would like to get a feel for what some of your maps look like. I guess the Tec II is programmed with a laptop, so I was thinking this might be an easy thing to send? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The timing maps you could use, but you can't read the files. Maybe someone can do a "print screen" and send it to you. The fuel part is done totally different on a TEC II than from a SDS. Even if you had the tables you couldn't transfer the data to the SDS system. As a matter of fact I don't know any two engine systems that use the same method for the fuel tables. Timing tables are pretty straightforward, though. You will want to set up your own tables, starting on the rich side for safety. It's dangerous to try to use someone elses finished table to baseline your car. What runs great on one car won't on yours, period. Plus the calibration might actually hurt your motor. It would be nice to save some of the hours of tuning time, but there really is no shortcut on the fuel maps. To be even close you would have to have the same car, motor, cam, turbo, exhaust, injectors (very important), etc. Get the idea? Whoever sold you the SDS should have a startup program you can use. After that it is just trial and error. Hopefully not too bad of an error, though. Get a good A/F meter and an EGT and go to work. Dyno time helps tremendously, as well. A few hours paid to a pro with a dyno to tune your car can be money very well spent. Especially if you don't have the time, patience, or experience to do it yourself.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: looking for Turbo fuel/ignition maps</b>

bnw

GREG wrote:
-------------------------------
The timing maps you could use, but you can't read the files. Maybe someone can do a "print screen" and send it to you. The fuel part is done totally different on a TEC II than from a SDS. Even if you had the tables you couldn't transfer the data to the SDS system. As a matter of fact I don't know any two engine systems that use the same method for the fuel tables. Timing tables are pretty straightforward, though. You will want to set up your own tables, starting on the rich side for safety. It's dangerous to try to use someone elses finished table to baseline your car. What runs great on one car won't on yours, period. Plus the calibration might actually hurt your motor. It would be nice to save some of the hours of tuning time, but there really is no shortcut on the fuel maps. To be even close you would have to have the same car, motor, cam, turbo, exhaust, injectors (very important), etc. Get the idea? Whoever sold you the SDS should have a startup program you can use. After that it is just trial and error. Hopefully not too bad of an error, though. Get a good A/F meter and an EGT and go to work. Dyno time helps tremendously, as well. A few hours paid to a pro with a dyno to tune your car can be money very well spent. Especially if you don't have the time, patience, or experience to do it yourself.
greg
71 240z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.