ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard about triple SU setups for Z's and i was wondering if anyone has seen this setup before and or if they know where to aquire it. It seems like a very interesting setup, and i bet it's hundreds less than the Weber or Mikuni setups

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> I've heard about triple SU setups for Z's
> and i was wondering if anyone has seen this
> setup before and or if they know where to
> aquire it. It seems like a very interesting
> setup, and i bet it's hundreds less than the
> Weber or Mikuni setups

> Thanks
> Alan

I have talked with Scott at ZTherapy and he is developing a system. He wants to get a mold made so he can have the intake manafolds mass produced to keep the cost down. He said the linkage would be the same as most webber set ups. Give him a call or a type, I am sure he is interested in how many people would want a set up. Myself included!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> I've heard about triple SU setups for Z's
> and i was wondering if anyone has seen this
> setup before and or if they know where to
> aquire it. It seems like a very interesting
> setup, and i bet it's hundreds less than the
> Weber or Mikuni setups

> Thanks
> Alan

I have talked with Scott at ZTherapy and he is developing a system. He wants to get a mold made so he can have the intake manafolds mass produced to keep the cost down. He said the linkage would be the same as most webber set ups. Give him a call or a type, I am sure he is interested in how many people would want a set up. Myself included!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I have working triple SU setup

Hi Alan and all,

As some of you may remember I have one of few working sets in the country that I know of. Dave Oviedo and I did all the R&D and worked out the manifolds and linkage set up. They rev wonderfully. Preston

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

> Hi Alan and all,

> As some of you may remember I have one of
> few working sets in the country that I know
> of. Dave Oviedo and I did all the R&D and
> worked out the manifolds and linkage set up.
> They rev wonderfully. Preston

Preston,

Who is Dave Oviedo and are you going to market the set up? I am interested. Do you find the system works well on stock motors? HP gains ? Fill us all in! With the simplicity of the carbs I would think this would be a great set up. Not as tempermental as tripple Webbers I am sure.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

It is a great little set up and any one interested can contact me directly. Thanks, Preston

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Not as cheap as you think

Alan,
Actually, the triple SU setup is comparable to a new triple system. You can expect to spend about 11-1200 on the whole thing. That, if I remember right, is carbs, modified manifolds, and linkages. The price may be slightly different than that. The system that Dave O. in Pheonix has developed with Preston is well thought out. The manifolds are of a much better design than the one-off design in Zcar mag. They are not cheap, but offer much better tunability and driveability.
-Bob Hanvey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.