ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for Pics- 280zx "British Racing Green"

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  heroe 
#1 ·
Hi, I think my engine woes are close to being resolved, so I need to start thinking paint. These cars remind me of the 1960s british roadsters with the long hoods (ala, jag, Aston, etc), so I would like a paint choice that helps evoke that feeling. I like those old roadsters in what I've always heard called "British Racing Green" (not sure if that is really name or not, but hopefully is desciptive enough for y'all), also considering white stripe(s) up hood/car, again to evoke the early 60s feel.

I've searched through google images a number of times, looking for examples, but haven't found much, and what I find is typically low resolution, small pic, that doesn't give the various views, detail, etc that I would like.

Question - If you have been to zx rallies, shows, or otherwise know where I can find some pics of cars in this color, would you let me know? A paint job is an expensive proposition to get wrong!

Thx

#4 ·
S30 color code #240 was essentially British Racing Green, but metallic. BRG as seen on the Jag above in non-metallic. I haven't seen any S130's in this color nor could I find any, so you'll have to use your imagination.

I found this with a quick Google Image search. It appears to be paint code 240

#7 ·
Thanks guys, love that jag. Love the color. Are paint codes standard? or does paint code "240" mean Nissan #240? i/o/w, does each vehicle manufacturer have its own codes so that I find the manufacturer color, get that code, and then my paint shop gets the equivalent paint?

JGW

#8 ·
#11 ·
Early 240Z's had a dark green color that was non-metallic. The Datsun paint code was 907, the Ditzler equivalent is 44403.

#13 ·
My dad's 78 280Z was the Datsun equivalent to BRG with camel interior. It was a beautiful car. Hated he sold it. Sorry, no pics exist of that one.

Another option for your ZX would be the stock Jade Grey color.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.