ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard you know a lot about turbo`s i just want some advice on puting a egal tallon <94> stock turbo on my 82 280zx na.... and i had some guy tell me a high compreshion motor wont hold more than like 5lbs but i have resurched the na and turbo l28 motor and bothe have the same head piston and such same compreshon but one has a turbo.. and i was told my motor would hold 16lbs safly but that i shouldent run more then that.... thanx

justin

·
Registered
39 Posts
turbo compression 8.8 : 1
na compression 7.4 : 1

Go ahead and do it but you will only get, if your lucky, three good runs until that engine needs to be rebuilt and as for 16lbs on a STOCK turbo 280zx engine thats even impossible to achieve unless you have the timing all the way down.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The turbo pistons are dished to lower compression, the head is a p90 as opposed to the p79 on the zx na's. the turbo motor is definately a different animal, but you could lower the compression by using a thick copper head gasket or two. Stock turbo motors can'nt run much more than 10 psi before thinking about water injection or intercooler, and not much more than 12-15?? before going to a new ecu. If you're still thinking carbed turbo, you won't want to run more than 6-7 lbs, mabee more with water injection (intercooler's definately not recomended). After all, how much hot, pressureized fuel/air mixture do ya want in your intake waiting for an excuse to go bang??

Dylan

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
deffenintly not what i was looking for......well some one has to be full of crap saying one tells me it will hold 16 the other tells me 7 ... if that motor will only hold 7lbs im guna through it in the trash can after i blow it up for the fun of it i hate porly built motors..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.