ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first car i every bought new was a 1978 280z. I only had the car about 2 years and had to sell in the Chicago area. Anyone have an Idea how to find out the history of the car? I have the serial number (VIN?) but have been unsuccessful finding out if its still around or scrapped. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Carfax/AutoCheck would at least be able to tell you the registration history if any exists. And it would give you a city, state if someone is still registering the car.

I used this link a few months back to get a report on the 1995 Firebird Formula I used to have. Stopped being registered 4 years ago. No accident reported, but it's probably kaput. Paid $5 for the Carfax. Hopefully you can still use this to get a cheap report.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carfax/AutoCheck would at least be able to tell you the registration history if any exists. And it would give you a city, state if someone is still registering the car.

I used this link a few months back to get a report on the 1995 Firebird Formula I used to have. Stopped being registered 4 years ago. No accident reported, but it's probably kaput. Paid $5 for the Carfax. Hopefully you can still use this to get a cheap report.

Thanks so much for the help! Its a start...
Tried the link and it requires a 17 digit VIN. They didn't have a VIN registry in 1978 so am back to square one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts