ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anybody know were I can find the shaft that connects the steering colom to the rack and pinion. The shaft has a nuckle joint in it and or like a u joint. But I tried to order it becasuse mine is shot and gives my steering wheel about 2 inches of play in it. But no one can get it, and the only place that can order it is the Toyota dealer ship, and they want almost 400 dollars for it. **** no, I need to find one please if any body knows what I'm talking about let me know if you would sell it or were I can get one. The shaft is only about 9 to 10 inches long. Thanks Later Guyz

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I know what you are talking about but I have never had to replace one. The same **** rod was majorly in my way when removing the Front Exhaust Tube during my clutch replacement!

I would post in the classifieds section here at zcar.com as there are a lot of zcar.com goers who have junked z31's that puruse requests and are eager provide you parts they are pulling from their parts car. That's how I got the crankshaft and waterpump pulleys I needed for the Maxima Alternator conversion.

Good luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was unable to remove mine when working on my turbo, I even got it glowing red with the heat wrench and it wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's a good idea to hit that universal with some oil now and then to keep it lubed...they dry out and then get loose. They also get stiff and cause steering problems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
maybe the toyata dealership wants to charge you $400 because you are a tard and are trying to order nissan parts from them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.