ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local U-Pull-Em junkyard to look for an alternator for a friend's Toyota and found a FRESH '82 ZX in better shape than my '81! Missing nothing but the wheels/tires. Not a Turbo, but original black paint and clean tan interior. Spent two days working on it! Got both T-tops, starter, A/C compressor, all calipers and pads, electric antenna, radio/cassette, door panels, steering wheel, every part/relay I could remove for that danged Climate Control Heat system, all four center caps, all lug nuts, cruise control components, all relays in right kick panel, cylinder head and water temperature sensors, plug wires, and a big can of plastic plugs, screws, nuts, and bolts. Wow, was that fun! May have to go back one more time!

· Registered
663 Posts
Awesome~
Those parts will really come in handy. See what else you can get like
drums, console, afm, injectors, harmonic balancer, rad, brake booster, hubs, etc.
I love that kinda stuff. One or two parts in need will pay for itself. I found a 77
in a bone yard for $250 and had it towed to my house to which I stripped it
clean.
An excellent find!
Ron

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No drums, as there are 4 wheel disc brakes on this '82 and my '81. The injectors, ECU, and AFM are not the same as on the Turbos like mine. Our '81 Turbo is an automatic, while the junkyard is a 5-speed (I am not interested in the work involved to change over). I now have 8 printer paper boxes full of spare parts, and that does not include those that do not fit in the boxes (2 radios, the door panels, and the T-tops). There are a few parts I guess I could get (power window motors, steering rack, rear, axles, etc...) but there are a lot of cars here and the parts are piling up!!

· Registered
2,096 Posts
I wish my junk yards were that good

jeez, i wish my junk yards would let me back there to scavange, the bastards in J-ville dont like to let us back there anymore due to "insurance" reasons. This si why it sucks - Example; You cant ask them for a screw that holds the afm down, cuz they dont have it in the computer so they wont go get it for you. all junk yards should let you in the back so you can pull crap like that out.

· Registered
12 Posts
Re: I wish my junk yards were that good

If that J-ville is the one in FLA, I lived there up until about 4 years ago, and there used to be a couple of good yards that let you in the back if you're up for a drive. U-Pick-It is way out Normandy if I remember right. Coming from the southside, take 295 to Normandy and take a left. The other was way up 95 on the northside. It's the Main Street exit. I think they're both in the yellow pages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.