ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ive heard that back in the 80s that some came with the ae badge, it was in the glove box and dealers put it on to raise the sales price of the car

just a fyi

im sure someone knows for sure on this subject

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hah. Reminds me of the guy I bought my 84' Turbo parts car off of. He tried selling it to me as an AE. I took one look at the body and chuckled to myself. Only thing it had was silver paint and the 50th emblem. But it was mounted on the rear licence plate panel above the hatch lock. I just let him have his moment and got the complete car for $100.00 :x

I think most of the early 80's Z's came with the 50th emblem in the glovebox as you said. I've read it somewhere.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its an n/a, the trim around the windows is chrome.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wasnt sure what i should do, so P took it upon myself to inform the seller that the car "may" not be an 50th Anniversary Edition Z. I made sure to be real nice about it and I left a few links to help him verify that the car's authentic. According to his information, he's only had 2 other transactions on ebay and they were purchases, not sales. I guess it's for the best. Hope he doesnt get pissed.. haha.. and ya, it definetly looks like an NA.

It says that his wife purchased the car for him, so maybe she got scammed and he can go after that guy that pulled the con job on his wife.

·
Registered
373 Posts
looks like mine I got an N/A .2+2 ,84 but no digidash and no t-top.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i had a guy try to sell me a red 84 turbo that he said was an AE. I showed him proof it wasnt an AE and he still said it was one. Thats n/a cause its 4 lug instead of 5.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Someone should notify Ebay before some other idiot buys it thinking it is an AE. This guy is mis-representing the product.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My old 84 N/A came with one of those badges. That car is clearly NOT and A/E, and clearly NOT Turbo. The vin is jn1"H". H is N/A. Turbo's say C. They just put a turbo taillight on it. I didn;t think the outside looked that bad but the inside looked like CRAP. Hope noone buys it. LaterZ.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
my dad actually bought a bougus ae from a local dealer brand new so yes dealers put those emblems on them but i dont remember any turbo z cars having that simulated woodgrain like the ae. i had a real ae and when i told him he couldnt believe it. so yes dealers do this from my experience. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just noticed that he made a correction on his listing. It now says that "hes not sure if it's a true 50th". Hopefully the bidders will spend 3 seconds doing some research.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.