ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a long shot, but I want some parts, and don't have the money to go new, as well as the canadian dollar makes it even more unreasonable to get anything from the south. Anyways, I want a header and would like to buy a used cam or often there is new parts still in the box, as opposed to getting mine ground for 180 dollars, which is my only current option for a better cam. I know, there's not much chance, but it's worth a try. Or mabee you know someone who has something!!

Thanx

Dylan

·
Registered
572 Posts
You could try phoning Reg Sumaru at Sumaru's in Edmonton. He has a pile of parts but if you are buying used, remember they are used. That is, a used exhaust header isn't often the prettiest piece of equipment.

Sorry I don't have his number handy - directory enquiries will get it easy. He is on the south side so it wouldn't be too bad to pick up the part driving up from Calgary. He isn't cheap, but I don't think he is unfair - I have picked up a variety of hard to find parts from him. He races Z's too so he might even have heads, etc.

Don't know if that helps. My experiences have been good for what it is worth but I am not making a recommendation. He is a bit disorganised so I would fully suggest you should make the trip if picking up a part. I doubt Reg could be bothered shipping anything anyway. Bring your socket set too - he might get you to pull the part yourself!

Stephen

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx!!

Thanx a bunch, I'll get right on those, and I think I found a 2.5" exhaust off of a 2+2 that my friend back in saskatchewan has, I'll be visiting there around christmas, so that's one thing down. The car's coming along nice though, got the head plained last week, and will be finishing the porting next week. the cam's going out on monday to get ground, and I found some lash pads. I'll have to post some pics soon for you guys. Anyways, gotta go!

Thanks again,

Dylan

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holly Sh!t!!!

That sumaru's had everything I need!! He wants 125 for a header, what do you think?? I should check out a cam there too, consitering they want 180 (200 by the time they are all done with tax and all) Gotta be cheaper there. That made me happy. Later

Dylan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.