ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just curious, is this the one from your good buddy Brent? Did you get your's back, the 4:11? I do not need this rear end, just curious.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the one!

I never got mine back, I will buy a 3.70 for the street. If this one does not sell, I will use it when I go to the track. I saw your header post. Don Potter makes a SS header for turbo Z, $1800. Ouch! Anyway, the header has 20 equal length tubes. You can support the header from the bottom of the block to help prevent cracking due to the weight of the turbo, heat, and vibration. Good luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: That is the one!

Thanks, That is also what caused this, when you said that he had made one earlier. That is a lot of money for a header. Thanks for the lengths, I wasn't too sure about that though. SS is no big deal for me to weld, or to come by. About mounting it to the block, that was what I had it mind, there is plenty of room. Maybe even use the engine mounting boss and make a flange that uses that. I am working on a design right now, but like I said, I do not have the rest of the setup. I would like to use my car, if at all possible, for my senior project, maybe even my masters thesis. Sorry you never got yours back.
Joshua L.

You fend off one thing and something else comes along, ie mad mike. sucks to be you, in a good way.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Hey Jim,
I know this seems like a really stupid question but what is the difference between a Welded Diff and a Non Welded because I am looking for a 3.90 rear-end for my 240Z and you have one.

Dustin

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A welded diff is used in racing. You weld up the spider gears to make both tires spin instead of just one, as in the case of an open diff. Great for drag when you need optimal traction. You can run this diff. on the street and some do, but you will have wheel chirp when you go around tight corners. Both wheels will be trying to turn at the same rate while the outside tire has to cover more ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.