ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone Know where the numbers(if any) are located on hitachi su carbs.I have a set of two attached to the intake and linkage of a 72 240z but the carbs look slightly different than all the pictures I have from manuals. For one thing the float bowls have drain plugs(bolts) on the air cleaner side.If this is also true with your 72 I'd like to know or if you now which year and model have this charisteristic.It could be they are stock 72's and these haynes manuals got me messed up. Thanks for any Imfo., Wally at [email protected]

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Can't say where any #s are at and never worried about it. My original 72 has the drain plugs just as you described. Haynes manual should be ok but if you are planning on working on this very much you need to get a FSM. A lot of the pix in Haynes are referring to 73 type carbs so you may be getting confused there. Yours should be the HJG46W carbs. There is a perfect picture of what you are describing on page 54 fig 3.34

· Registered
170 Posts
no..there are no such numbers. Biggest ID thing for 1972 cars is that they has the smaller pots, like the 70-71, but only had 3 screws holding the pot to the body. Early carbs had 4 screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.