ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, I may be moving the Z to a new home. I've been offered another promotion. I turned down the last one due to the situation I would be walking into.

However, I guess this would be my best resource for information about other parts of the country because.. well.. the rest of you are from all over the country and have been places I haven't.

My question is, do any of you know anything about Monroe, Louisiana? It's in the NE part of the state. 8 hours from where my parents live (I'm currently 9.5 hours away). Is it decent place to live? I know it's going to be a smaller community. What is the road system like down there? How about the quality of life? I don't know exactly what questions to ask, so I'm looking for any input.

I looked at the Monroe Chamber of Commerce website... but of course they're going to try and sell the city as a great place to be.

Post Edited (Jan 12, 4:02pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
i dont' have anything to add other than that TV show is cool and Gray TN is the place to be.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
haha z1 that was funny, i was fixing to say- hey now that is cool, but you ruined it

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The majority of our terminals are in small towns though. Monroe, LA is actually about 150,000 in population and has a University.

I can't keep turning down offers forever and expect to keep getting them.

I'm from a town much, much smaller than this. Also, it's the same size as the city I went to college in... Champaign, IL.

Post Edited (Jan 12, 4:40pm)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
agreed - you're young with no children. The time to grab the less convenient rungs on the corporate ladder is now. Good luck man! There is 1 piece of good news here - ITS FURTHER SOUTH!!! YEE HAW!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a lower rung, but then again it's not. This would be the move when I get a facility of my own. Granted it's small (I would only have 3 managers and a few clerks), but that's how it starts. The next building I would get after that would be about the size of Athens, GA or Greenville, SC. If I perform well enough I could even land myself a building as big as the Nashville Local.

The area of the St. Louis facility that I oversee now is almost twice the size of the Monroe terminal. However, I still answer to a "senior terminal manger". This time, I would be the STM.

Post Edited (Jan 12, 4:49pm)

·
Registered
311 Posts
you will be living close to a sherwood forest (according to the map)... that's always a plus. If you you ever have a bad day, you can just take a trip to see the merry men in tights :) That should cheer you up.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zazu... Funny you should bring that up. Just last week I had to pay (with company $$$) for a guy's mailbox because a driver ran it over. I compensated him for the greater of the two quotes he got. Then this last Monday I had to go out with the driver for the day on a "post accident ride".

Post Edited (Jan 13, 6:10am)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
That's funny, my mailbox just go run over a couple of weeks ago. I woke up and heard a funny thump sound. I went out to the front of the house and what do I see... a Jeep CJ up side down with a girl still buckled up inside talking on her cell phone while hanging up side down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.