ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
i dont know what its called i believe it has something to do with the climate control system.........I started hearing this noise comming from there a couple weeks after i got my car...... so I investigated it.. found out that little deal was warped and was making a buzzing sound...... so i removed it.....

·
Registered
354 Posts
my advice to you is that if your fans are making too much noise, as they often do, is to remove the fan (if you cant make it shut up by other means), but leave the element in tact. Yes this wont provide as accurate of reading, however, if you simply unplug the sensor you will cause the climate control to default and belive that is it as cold as the unit can sence, therefor leaving you with hot air all the time

·
Registered
505 Posts
Pull the plastic cover and remove the littlr "fan thingy". Place a tiny drop of light oil in each bearing and reinstall the "thingy" where it belongs. Never have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
572 Posts
That little fan is what draws the current temperature reading in your cabin over a diode that tells the a/c how much cold air to pump into your cabin.

Without it, your a/c will work like crap. Snatch one at the junkyard for a spare if need be, it's easier to pocket it then to pay for it!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.