ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 88 2+2 na up for sale next to a major road not far from my home. Just had a "For Sale" sign on it with the year, make, model and miles. No price. A guy calls me and says he's interested. I met him at the car and after looking it over, asks what I wanted. I told him an honest, serious cash offer that would not insult me. When he gave me the number, I acted like I called my wife (The War Department) to see if she agreed. (I already knew it was gone) and then told him I'd accept his offer plus $300.00. If he matched that, the car was his. The car is gone. However, I'm not. I'll get another but in the meantime....if ya'll don't mind....I think I'll stick around on the site. Even though a person is temporarily Z-less......he can still learn and enjoy the site.

Special Ops Lives

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics. 92300 miles and $5300.00. It was truly a very clean car when I got it a year ago and I kept it that way. A pure stock na Z. I was the 4th owner and it was a Cali. Z for whatever that's worth. It went from Cal to Chicago to Orlando and finally my garage. EVERYTHING worked on it when I bought it and still did when I sold. The Z never gave me a minute's trouble. It was wine exterior with tan interior. The only thing I had to do to it was get a set of the sunshades for the T-tops and CypressDowns helped me out with that. My next one will be a white 86 to 88 2+2 and the Florida tag will read "13thZ". BTW, happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

Special Ops Lives.......Go to Hurlburt Field in the Fla panhandle and look at the water tower on base. It reads....."Any time, Any Place".....and.....they can back it up. God I love this country......and this site.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I don't care how clean it was specter you ripped off big time :)
you know that baby isn't worth $5000 plus, don't get me wrong I'm happy for you and glad to see you got that kinda cash for it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i want to sell my z to that guy... then buy a 240z or so, something worth restoring.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2th and nrkrell............you're both right. There's the right butt for the right seat.....all you have to do is match them. I lucked out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i just bought my 84 turbo 300zx with 68,000 miles on it for $4800 from a dealer 15 minutes away...but its in wicked nice condition...it was never driven in snow(i'm from ny) and it was garaged so its perfect

·
Registered
373 Posts
Heck I live in Ky and I bought my 84 N/A for 440.00 and the only reason she isn't running now is because I didn't know about changing the timing belt every 60,000 miles and I bent six valves. But I hope to have her back on the road in a few weeks money permitting ......OH by the way it has 136,000 miles and looks sweet.charcole grey

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Like the song title

2th............I'd buy you lunch anyway...............and a few beers to wash it down too. LOL

Special Ops Lives

Post Edited (Jun 21, 2:05pm)

·
Registered
958 Posts
lolol. Dude u ripped him off SOOOO MUCH. Get a job @ carmax and make a fortune my friend. 1/100 ppl possess the rare tallent to sell stuff... Those who possess this rare quality.... well... they are rich.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.