ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus ordered a boost gauge for my ae and the gauge works great and everything but w/e i do i cant get the light to work. i kno its not the bulb bcuz i put the + to the battery and grounded the neg, and it lite up. i was trying to get the 12 volts from the dimmer switch bcuz i only want to gauge lit up when i have the headlights on. when i try to connect the + to the dimmer i dont get anything, and i kno the ground is good. i kno that all my connects r good cuz of hooking it up strayt to the battery. i am getting the 12 volts at the dimmer but i cant get it to the gauge, when i connect it i get 0 volts. anyone kno what im going wrong or another way to hook up the lighting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used the ash tray wiring aswell, it works fine ;)

I figured the boost gauge glowing was cooler than the ash tray light

·
Registered
44 Posts
you wired it wrong

you need to use both the + and - from the illumination circuit to make the illumination lights work properly... you cannot use a regular chassis ground for the lights. the illumination+ is a switched 12v source, and the illumination- is a "ground" that is controlled by the car's time control unit. it varies the voltage on the "ground" which is what varies the intensity of the lights.

use both of the illumination wires, and your gauge will light up when your other dash lights are on, and you will be able to control the intensity with the dimmer, like the rest of your gauges to boot.

the gauge itself still uses the regular chassis ground though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.