ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a matter if i keep my z or not, is it possable to run under a 15 sec. with a boost controler, k&n, cat after exhaust, or what else, little **** can it do

oo yea, is it worth it to put bigger fuel injectors, if i just do those mods.
i have fuel injectors that will fit in the car that i got for free.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
1st question...:

People have run under 15 second passes on stock turbo Z's...

If you're going to use bigger injectors, you're going to have to find something to control them with. Which is not going to be cheap.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ok my car runs a 14.8 with stock boost, cone filter, front fan swap for elec fan, and 3'' turbo back exhaust.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yup. stock turbo Zs run under 15s. with the mods you say you could probably do low 14s or high 13s

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thank you guys

i cant just put bigger injectors and use the stock ecu.

and farva is that electric fan swap worth it or would a performance clutch and a better clutch fan (witch is cheeper from jegs)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I don't think the electronic fan swap is a big performance gainer but if you are debating on whether to get a better clutch fan or do the electronic fan swap - go for the electronic fan setup.

If you only have enough money for the clutch or the fan assembly - get the clutch!

Your stock ECU will not agree with the bigger injectors - you will have to solve that riddle before you move foward. Your turbo Z has amazing potential - don't give up on it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thank you guys

the only thing is all my other cars and trucks before the nissan were lowriders. i miss the people turning there heads because of the bass you can hear from down the road. because a truck should not start 2 in off the pavement. the only good things that i like and are still liking about my z is that the turbo sound crazy. and no one in the area that i live in drives there old school z around there alll older people that own them just leave them indoors.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just because they do not make it for the car dosent mean it wont fit

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well I have heard of people using 370cc injectors with stock ecu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.