Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun guys...

I am looking at getting vanity plates for my 250GTO spyder on a Z chassis. Considering the following: I8AZR1, FERRAZ or MADE IT.

FerraZ is kinda cool because it reflects both aspects of the car. Although, since I will have Ferrari badges on the car, I'm not sure that I want to give away the origins of the car that easily.

My wife likes Made It because of the double meaning as well. It works well for me too because I did "make" the car and I feel that with my wife and kids and my job and friends I have "made it" in life too. Kinda kool.

Of course then there is I8AZR1. referring of course to the Corvette ZR1. I haven't eaten one of those in my VR yet and am very doubtful that in it's current form my car could. I am (optimistically) estimating 210HP at the rear wheels and the VR weighs approx 2100lbs so that's 10Lbs/Hp. The Vette weighs 3246Lbs with 345HP. You can see that it will eat ME! But if I increase my power output slightly...

This brings up my question about NoS. I Has anyone done this to their Z? What system did you use? How did you implement it? What are some potential problems that may occur? How does Nos work? Can it be done inexpensively and reliably? If so... I may end up getting that license plate I8AZR1 after all!

Steve G

·
Registered
66 Posts
Steve, how about AZFERRI which could have a double meaning ( A Z Ferrari or Arizona Ferrari ). Remember, you can use 7 spaces for the vanity plate. Can't wait to see the paint job. Also, for those who want to know, your white guages look great.

·
Registered
650 Posts
NOS & pillar pods

well, as for the NOS, there really shouldnt be any problem running it in your Z. in fact, i ask my turbo guru about that before, and he said if i keep the squeeze at 75 or lower, the stock pistons will have no problem with NOS'n. however, anything over 75 and he said to get some forged pistons, and a Nitrous tollerant cam as well, Summit carries these, but not to sure if they have any compatible for a Z. there was a string on NOS a few months ago. for some reason all the Z owners running NOS are using kits intended for a mustang. the reason... beats the **** out of me, but they do.

now here is a question, what pillar pod do i use to mount my boost gauge in my 71? i asked auto meter and they said they didnt make one for the Z, hows that for discrimination =P haha. -ed

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pillar pods

I couldn't find a Z specific one either. Not sure if there is a difference in pillar sizes between the 240 and 280ZX but I am using the autometer one designed for the 87-93 mustang. Not a perfect fit but it is real close. Someone also recommended to me that you could take a heat gun, heat up the plastic then mold it to fit perfectly.

I have a couple of pictures of it here:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/8781/interior.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.