ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a 86 300ZX n/a and am impressed with the leg room as I'm 6'2". Tomorrow, I'll be testing a 92 TT auto (with 54k original miles) and was wondering how the leg room would compare. Someone told me that the Z32's are a little cramped for anyone over 6' and don't want to buy a car that I wouldn't feel comfortable in for a long trip. Any comments? Also, I've not driven a turbo but read about the turbo lag while they're spooling up. What should I expect it to feel like - that is what would be considered normal vs. something to beware of? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Tons of leg room. I'm 6'1 and I can't have the seat all the way back or I can't press the pedals in all the way very well. Plenty of head room too, you'll like it.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
On the passenger side a big guy can't fit very well. As long as you don't have too much xmas 'leftovers', anyone a little over 6ft and over can fit.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i too am 6'2" 235 pounds and i fit just fine in both the 86 and the 93 i own.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
I have a buddy who won't by a Z because he says he's too tall, I think 6'6" (don't quote me). He bought a Porsche 951 instead. We keep trying to make him get a Z and just get shorter seat sliders for it. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I'm another tall guy and I have plenty of room like all the others. Did you guys know that proper driving position allows you to have your back fully against the seat and rest your wrist on the top of the steering wheel? Many people I know drive with their seat back too far and their back leaning forward off the seat.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
lanky here, 6'1 170

·
Registered
540 Posts
i'm 6'3 270lbs man and its got more room then i need

*Boooooo-Ya hail to the KING, Baby

Post Edited (Jan 6, 9:16pm)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm 6'3 and I have no problems with leg room. I own a z31 also and the z32 seats are more comfortable however the steering wheel is not adjustable. I do have a hard time getting in and out with work boots on but otherwise its very similar to the z31. The headroom to the ttop latch seems less in the z32 but then again its been several months since ive driven the z31.

As far as lag goes...honestly the car is more powerfull throughout all rpms than the z31. I don't really know how to describe boosting other than to hold on. It is a rush. A word of advice though is don't just buy it because it is a Twin Turbo. The one I bought had several little trim pieces broken/missing and all of those little parts add up quickly. Make sure it runs well and the price is fair. Good luck to you and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.