ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an aluminum radiator ( Champion EC110 ) with Dual 11in medium profile SPAL electric fans and shroud from Ledfoot Racing ( Orange County,Ca ) and had them shipped by Fedex to me in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I received the shipment last week in good order. However, when I unbox those items, found that the aluminum radiator has a factory defect.The outlet for the overflow pipe is not welded on straight. ( refer to photos attached ) Since I am in Malaysia and Ledfoot Racing is in California , it would be difficult for me to return the items and have it replaced. So, I emailed the person who I purchased those items from , who happened to be the President of Ledfoot Racing , Geoff Blackmore , to inform him of the defect. I then requested from him to refund me on some kind of discounts on the defective radiator. Geoff replied my email stating that Champion Radiators build their radiators that way and it was not a defect. I then return his email saying that I have purchased from MSA a Champion Aluminum radiator CC110 before this and they do not build their radiators in the way he mentioned and sent him the photos. He then replied that ...if he has sold 10,000 pieces , I am the only one who complained. I returned his email saying that " that is because you
Tile flooring Material property Composite material Automotive tire Fixture
Tire Bicycle part Carbon Rim Sports equipment
Triangle Gas Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
sold me one with a defect. ".
A president of the company should not have acted in that way and it is very shameful. What he should have done was to forward the photos of the defective radiator that I sent him to Champion as proof and discuss with Champion on the discounts to be given to me due to a defective radiator. This was not done. This was a bad experience for me and I hope others would be careful when dealing with Ledfoot Racing. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth from MSA ad have not experience anything like that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
LEDFOOT and CHAMPION seem to be one and the same. See bottom right of page for ownership info:
Aluminum Radiators and Shrouds for Classic Cars and Hot Rods

I cannot say if it's right or wrong, as mine is not at home right now to compare.

For them to say it's not a defect may also be right or wrong. Whether it's designed that way or was a manufacturing error... hard to say.

Look at the orientation of the filler neck in the picture on this from CHAMPION:
What You Need to Know About Champion Radiators

It should not affect the radiator's performance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LEDFOOT and CHAMPION seem to be one and the same. See bottom right of page for ownership info:
Aluminum Radiators and Shrouds for Classic Cars and Hot Rods

I cannot say if it's right or wrong, as mine is not at home right now to compare.

For them to say it's not a defect may also be right or wrong. Whether it's designed that way or was a manufacturing error... hard to say.

Look at the orientation of the filler neck in the picture on this from CHAMPION:
What You Need to Know About Champion Radiators

It should not affect the radiator's performance.
Yes of course it would not affect the performance of the radiator ....but .... it does affect the aesthetic of the radiator which is in a nice engine bay in a nice car.
Also how am I now to run the overflow hose .....to the front of the radiator instead of to the side ? The outlet port is also aluminum and cannot be bent ...and if it can ... it will not be able to turn to screw it into the filler neck.
This is like if you buy a shirt , and the front pocket is sewed on under the armpit instead of the front left chest area.... would you still buy the shirt ?
Below are the photos of my other earlier Champion radiator EC110 purchased from MSA and the black one is the original factory unit. Notice the overflow port ...which is placed pointed straight at the center flowing to the side of the radiator.
Wood Electrical wiring Gas Cable Electrical supply
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Z radiator has an overflow pipe placed in such a way.
Anyway , they were made in China.... Much can be said about their quality control.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Agreed that it doesn't look to be correct. Never said it was.

As the owner of Ledfoot, who apparently owns Champion as well said it's OK, I hope you can revisit this with them and get satisfaction.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.