ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im wonderin is there anyway to test led lights with like any household things. What i mean is like when u want to test speakers you can take a 9 volt battery and such. The reason i ask is cuz i have the led for the transmission light but i want to know it works before removing the center console.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Buy a brand new LED bulb and then you're assured that it's OK. They don't cost much. If you want to test the auto. overdrive switch, check the "AT" section of Nissan's 300ZX Service Manual. I think the switch can be tested by using a volt meter or ammeter.

By the way, the LED light in my auto. OD switch burned out years ago but it still shifts into and out of OD so I haven't done anything about it. As long as the switch works, that's all that matters. You can hear the car shifting into OD. You don't need a LED light to tell you that. It'll require a lot of work to remove the switch and it isn't worth it just to replace that LED bulb. Wait for the OD switch to become defective and then replace it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry if i didnt say the info correctly or my info could be wrong but let me try and clear things up. i have the light already if i could test it and it worked then i wouldnt need to buy a new one. next the light has nothing to do with od it just illuminates the transmission ie D R N 1 2. and i believe there led but if there not i apologize for steering u guys in the wrong direction. if it helps my car is a gll with digital dash.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
A garden-variety $2 multilmeter is quite adequate to test the continuity in an incandescent globe.
Such a multimeter would even be sufficient to see if there is actually voltage in the socket for the globe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx mister t gonna give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.