ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have converted my 1990 300zx 2+2 to LEDs (mostly). There have been a couple issues since however.

#1 . The red 'Lights' warning light on the dash comes on when braking. I'll try to post a pic.

#2 . The trunk light flashes quickly when closing the driver's side door.

#3 . The daytime running lights (Canadian car) will turn on and off periodically.

Anyone else come across these issues or know what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried searching for this topic but was unable to find answers. Please feel free to direct me to the correct post if you know where it is.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Hi everyone, I have converted my 1990 300zx 2+2 to LEDs (mostly). There have been a couple issues since however.

#1 . The red 'Lights' warning light on the dash comes on when braking. I'll try to post a pic.

#2 . The trunk light flashes quickly when closing the driver's side door.

#3 . The daytime running lights (Canadian car) will turn on and off periodically.

Anyone else come across these issues or know what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried searching for this topic but was unable to find answers. Please feel free to direct me to the correct post if you know where it is.
The braking is due to low resistance. The warning light tells you that a bulb is burnt out. Check the resistance across all the bulbs and if not right throws up the warning. Even if you use aftermarket/generic bulbs it can throw up a warning. Replacing with LED will deffinatly throw up a warning.

The only fix I can think of for this is to add a resistor. I assume that it will be difficult to match. Might need a variable resistor. Rheostat(?)

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
There was a write up a while back about modifying the rear bulb out sensor box. Another option is to just disconnect the dash idiot light.

Agree with above —- would need to add load resistors for any rear lights converted to LEDS. This should take care of the other weird issues. LED vendors often carry the special heat sinker resistors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want a more plug and play solution without having to solder and heat shrink everything, I've had good luck with a resistor harness. I have been using one like this for almost 18 months. Only issue I had was some water got into the connectors (it had to do with my install, not anything defective with the harness), and corroded the original tail light socket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts