ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restoring 83zx GL with leather and cloth seats. Any place I can get a exact replacement that will duplicate original seats. Motorsport sells seat covers but I think they will dissapoint me - probably nothing like original. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
> Restoring 83zx GL with leather and cloth
> seats. Any place I can get a exact
> replacement that will duplicate original
> seats. Motorsport sells seat covers but I
> think they will dissapoint me - probably
> nothing like original. Thanks Jerry
I agree. I installed a Motorsport vinyl seat upholstery kit in my '77 280Z. It installed very nicely and looked great - for about six months. Then it started to sun fade and wear badly. It has lasted no where near the OEM.
I suggest you get with a local upholstery shop and have them redo your seats. They can use the old covers for patterns. I am planning to redo mine in leather and intend to take this approach. This will also allow me to pick color, add padding to custom fit the seat to me, reinforce areas that I know see high wear, and lastly, give me someone locally that I can go after if there is a material or installation quality problem.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I agree. I installed a Motorsport vinyl seat
> upholstery kit in my '77 280Z. It installed
> very nicely and looked great - for about six
> months. Then it started to sun fade and wear
> badly. It has lasted no where near the OEM.
> I suggest you get with a local upholstery
> shop and have them redo your seats. They can
> use the old covers for patterns. I am
> planning to redo mine in leather and intend
> to take this approach. This will also allow
> me to pick color, add padding to custom fit
> the seat to me, reinforce areas that I know
> see high wear, and lastly, give me someone
> locally that I can go after if there is a
> material or installation quality problem.
> Phantom

I installed a set of nice black leather seats from a Mitsu Starion in my car (or dodge Conquest TSI are real nice recaros) I takes a little work but they look great and are a lot more comfortable and supportive. They cost me $75 at the local yard and $5 for some leather cleaner if anyone want info on adapting them just e-mail me.([email protected])
Charlie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.