ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1978 280Z with the tan interior. I got a quote from a local shop to re-do the seats in a combination of leather and vinyl for $250 per seat. Leather goes on the seating area while the back and sides are vinyl. Does this seem reasonable? Has anyone else re-done their OEM seats in leather?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Mine were less.....</b>

Hi Fred,

I had a set done at the local shop... they replaced the foam and did the job all in black vinyl... Cost: $400.00

I would think if they are using leather... $100 more would be fair... just seems high to me. It would depend on what type of leather, and thickness. I would want to see both materials and see how well they look together and how well they match the remainder of the interior.

I have a friend with a BMW convertible, and she paid $1000.00 to have her front seats done in leather.

I found that they can be talked down... not alot... but some. Give it a try.

Good Luck,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '77 2+2 has that setup in black, was in it when I bought the thing. I assumed it was original, maybe someone did an aftermarket job on it. All I know is that they look great, like the originals, and are extremely comfortable to sit in (something I rarely say about any car seats).

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Leather Seats in a 280Z???</b>

Someone once said on this forum that you could get a rebate from nissan dealers because the were said to be all leather and not both.Don't know if it true but worth a look it might save you some on getting the seats redone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a '78 with black leather interior. For several years I was in the leather goods manufacturing industry, so I had dozens of sides of black nappa leather laying around.

I hired I shop to do it using my leather and they charged me $150 per seat. They did an awesome job and the seat makes my butt smile every time I sit in it.

Make sure the leather they put in is analine dyed all the way through (struck through). E-mail me if you're really going to do this and I'll help you avoid future headaches because of crappy materials.

Later,

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.