ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor is leaking coolant from the rear, and from the bypass tube in the front. My problem is, I don't know where in the rear the leak is from. I know that there are the heater hoses (would be a quick fix, but I don't think tht's it), and freeze plugs. Is there ANYTHING else back there that would leak? If it is the freeze plugs, I am told that I will have to drop the Tranny to get to them, which I cannot afford right now. My car has 135K miles on it, and is my daily driver. Luckily I will have a car to drive next week, but if I'm going to drop the tranny then I'm going to get a new clutch pu in as well, so I must wait. Please tell me that there is something easier to fix back there, and hope that that's it. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
There's at least three water hoses running around the rear of the intake manifolds. Two are easy to replace. One is do-able but would be easier with the upper manifold off. I don't know this for a fact since I've never replaced one but I'd be really surprised if removing the tranny was necessary to replace any freeze plugs.
You might get a better idea looking at this

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think there are some that go back around to the throttle body. You may want to trace those lines and see if there any leaks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Its probably leaking from the little hose that connects from the lower intake to the upper intake on the passanger side right by the #5 spark plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.