ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier, 4 of my injectors were leaking down where they went into the intake, and the seals around them were cracked, so, I took the fuel rail off and replaced the seals. Now, all the leaks are fixed, except for one. The leak that continues isn't on the seals like the others, but is above them on the injector itself, right above the metal clamp and below the injector plug. When the car is on, I can see gas slowly drip from a spot on the injectors. Can this injector be repaired to stop a leak of this kind, or will it need to be replaced? Thanks.
JEL
83ZX
81ZXT engine

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Leaky injector...</b>

yes it can be repaired. The metal clamp your talking about is not a clamp, it's a cup. Put an injector clamp right above this cup. There may not be enough of injector to clamp on to. In which case just flatten out the metal cup and put the calmp in its place.
Tom H.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had the same problem. here is the fix I used. I took off all injectors I removed that metal ring(dremel cut off wheel) replaced the old fuel line with new fuel injector hose. The old regular type fuel line hose will not do because you will have aprox 16-20# pressure. Be sure to use smooth solid type clamps do not use the common
clamp with slots going all the way around it will eventually
cut through the injector line and cause a leak. You may have to go to a nissan dealer and get those type clamps they cost just a little more but you won't be sorry. use a can of bk444 in your gas tank and you should be in fine shape(that stuff really works to clean your system and is great for your injectors if they need a little cleanning which they all do after a while. hope it helps ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.