ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 240 that unfortunately lives in the rainy part of the world (Vancouver BC) and takes on water like crazy. Lacking a garage and convinced that it should be possible to own an old car that sits next to new on the street, I am wondering if anyone can let me know the typical cause of water gathering on the floorboards of my car. I have tried to figure out which particular weatherstrip is the the most responsible (to no avail) and am shocked at the cost of replacing all the seals, none of which seem particularly bad.
thanks,
julien

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are somethings to do... If you can not find the leak, have someone use a water hose around the windows as you seat inside watching. You should be able to find it.
Just note: My 240Z had the same problem. My leak was in the driver door at the top of the window track.I use some brake fluid on the rubber. It will make the rubber swell up a little.

Darryle

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a post from 240zturbo (I think) saying that a Subaru Impreza door weatherstripping was a perfect fit, just cut the excess off. Post a question to be sure, but you should be able to get it a junkyard cheap. rots a ruck.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: leaky 240z</b>

My 75Z leaks like a sieve through the windshield molding. Time and weather are not nice to outdoor z's.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: leaky 240z sealer</b>

Don't know how permanent this is but my 74.0 was leaking around the bottom edge of the windshield and I used a tube of "Flowable Windshield Sealant" to seal it. So far its keeping my floorboards dry and we get our share of rain here in Sunny ol' Florida. I got mine at Discount Auto Parts, but I'm sure Autozone or PepBoys or whoever is local for you would have it. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.