ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1975 280Z. There is about a drop of gasoline coming from the end of my exhaust pipe every second. I have just checked my fuel injectors and one of them was cracked, after replacing it the leaking slowed down but there is still a lot leaking.
Can someone please give me some clues on what might be wrong? (There is headers on the car too)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: leaking gasoline for exhaust</b>

If problem was injector passing too much fuel then maybe its just dripping leftover fuel which accumulated in the exhaust.
You might want to check to make sure all cylinders are firing. Raw fuel in the exhaust usually points to a bad or non-existant spark in one or more cylinders.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He's right david.I was looking at that question before like"what the **** is he talking about!!"My dad said he had a '69 El camino that did the same thing,and as it turns out he was only firing on 6 0f 8 cylinders.You should really get that looked at .that fuel could ignite in your exhaust pipe causing some real problems!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think Timothy is correct. How could this gas condense on the hot exhaust?

Are you sure it isn't water which is saturated with exhaust fumes? This might smell like gasoline. Water is a natural by-product of combustion.

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.