ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? It is not the heater core. It leaks when it rains hard I get a puddle of water on the floor. Help!
Mike

·
Registered
333 Posts
i've got that one too.. the water pools on top of the lap vent and when i turn a corner my ankle gets soaked (@#$%!). i have narrowed mine down to either a firewall plug, or the door/window seal, mine are pretty weak! could also be your windshield seal. mine was leaking there til we put a new windshield in it.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
My 79 is leaking somewhere about 8 inches back from the A pillar. It is either water wicking up through the screws that hold the window molding track in place OR there is a crack in the roof rain gutter.

You basically have to gut the drivers side interior and outside moldings to locate exactly where the water is coming from. It is not a pretty job.

I get a shower when I turn left and break.

The bad side of all this, is that with all the interior pieces in place, the water will end up running down the A pillar and onto the ECU before it hits the floor.

It is very easy to break the plastic molding when you remove them, after 20 + years they are very brittle.

Use a garden hose and put water into the air vent in front of the windshield, that is another place these things like to leak. There must be a drain in there somewhere but I have not found it yet.

Leaves and dirt can get into the molding behind / over the rain gutter and plug them up also.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it! It is the firewall plug for the hood release cable! I will fix it tomorrow.
Thanks for writing guys. Good luck finding your leak.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.