ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a 74 convertable in the paper in my town with 78 thousand orignal miles, auto and a cut off roof. it has been stord for 15 years. the guy wants 700. how much is it really worth? I am going to look at it tommorow night. What should i talk him down to? Thanks
matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I would think even if it was in fair shape and in good running order that is a fair asking price. One thing you might want to check since it is a covertible is for any stress cracks underneath it. I saw a early conversion with nothing done but the roof cut off and then welded to where the hatch was. After a about 2 months it was slope backed. you could just about use it to spot low flying aircraft. He had to jump over the door to get in because they would not open. I guess that would be another way to check if the frame is tweeked. Anyway let us know what you do. Good Luck
Rob,

·
Registered
432 Posts
sounds cool to me if the rear of the body saggs give him $200 put a jack under the rear, lift it up proper, and weld the door seams hahahahaha! then sell it to a stupid college punk as a japanese dukes of hazzard car for $6000 good luck or put bungee cords from the rear bumper to the windshield hehehehe bye

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I was affiliated with a shop that had been given one of these conversions. I would suggest that you go over every inch of the underbody. Check the firewall, frame rails, floor pans, Everything... It could be a steal at that price, and then again it could be your worste nightmare!
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.