ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around today, to replacing the roll pin for my 3rd and 4th gear fork. I pulled the tranny and whatnot today, and i took some pics in order to give others an idea of how to go about this. You know it is the pins in the forks when you put it in gear and nothing happens, both my 3rd and forth gears wouldnt do anything but it would go into gear.
The 1st, 2nd,3rd, 4th forks are all in the front part of the tranny, where the bellhousing is, 5th and reverse are in the back part. All you need to take apart is the front section, but for some reason mine wouldnt come apart so i ended up taking the entire trans apart. Wasnt to bad, i just followed the fsm for most of the tear down and reassembly. Meke sure to empty all oil before taking the thing apart.

Just the tranny ready to be torn apart:

Front cover removed in the bellhousing:

Front cover part and bolts...

Clips to remove:

Transmission case apart:

The different pins in the trans:

The replacement pin, i actually put another smaller pin inside this one to add strength:

Hope this helps someone.

O and i was told buy the transmission shop in town to put in 50wt race oil, this way it will hold up in the hot summers and shift easy in the winter.
Its all back together now and will go in tommorow, i ran out of light today.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Good info, thanks! Wish I had the later style as opposed to the early in mine.
Dave

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah blue thats cool, glad i could help.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
WOW! Thats a lot more helpful than the typical "pull this thingy then remove the whatchamacallit"...

I am a visual and hands on learner,
not a very good text learner...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.