ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best larger valves for my early 72 E-88 head?? the N47 N42 what about Unshrouding the valves?? What else can I do about the valves on my car? How else can i get more hp from my valves? Doi I have to do anything to get the bigger valves in my seats or do I have to get the bigger seats??

Dustin Morris

·
Registered
863 Posts
The N47 and N42 both use the same valves (44mm intake and 35mm exhaust).

And both the intake and exhaust will fit in your head with required mods.

The intake valves require the matching 280Z valve seats. While I've heard of people using the stock 33mm (240Z exhaust valve seat), they just open the seat up,

I put the 280Z intake and exhaust seats in my E88 (but then I used 38mm exhaust valves, not a good choice for everybody) head and then had the head ported.

Unshrouding the valves helps the head flow a lot, but decreases the compression ratio. So it depends what compression ratio you want and what size your bore is. Look at what your going to be using the car for (daily driving, drag racing, street rod, etc.).

Big valves are great for a street rod to a all out race car, but don't really gain you anything in a daily driver (unless you drive your Z like a racer).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.