ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Russel Floyd from Z1 will be attending our next lapping day in March. Anyone interested in running against him?:)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why is it that no one on the forum is interested in putting their car on a race track and running like it was designed. Someone please tell me because I'm getting a little discouraged with this.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But how does that explain the fact that those that do live within the area don't attend any of these events? Z1 has an event and every Z32 from miles is in their parking lot. Why?

My personal suspision is that most of the people here only talk sports cars, but don't really live them.

Post Edited (Jan 28, 3:59pm)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I think both of you have valid points. Most don't live anywhere near there, so that presents a problem. But others don't feel that thei car is ready to be tracked (i.e. good condition), and money to repair anything that could break, especially when they have to drive it home. Also a big factor is priorities, work, school, family, whatever gets in the way of such events.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm beginning to feel that many people are more self conscious about their driving abilities then their cars. This is a lapping day for God's sake. It's not an SCCA or IMSA racing event. All your car needs is to have decent tires, stock or better brakes, fresh brake fluid and a driver with an open mind. I just think that it's a shame when you can get 40+ people to Z1's event but you cant get a single person to sign up for a day at the track. Maybe it's just me. I just don't get it.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Good point, I would be there if I could, This year I pledge that I will track my car... I am probably using 35% of my cars capabilities on the street, I am dying to experience it's full potential.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Lol, my dad and I have had the Z for almost a year now, and haven't been to a single Z meet of any sort yet!! Not that we don't want to, just timing is an issue.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we'll just see. This march may be the only lapping day for a while, but I'll see what happens through out the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.