ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Georgia Z club will be co hosting another lapping day at Little Talledega Grand Prix Raceway on Sunday, March 12th. The cost to non members will be $190 with new club members paying $110 for the first time they attend this event. Anyone receiving the $110 fee must be a paid and registered member of the Georgia Z car club, but anyone can join in this event by paying the $190 fee. There is a limited number of entries allowed, so pay up quickly in order to get your spot.

There will be professional drivers there as instructors. Each driver will have an instructor IN THE CAR for at least the first two sessions. After that it will be up to the instructor to release you for open, no instruction, sessions. If the instructor still feels that you need additional assistance, then you will be allowed to run the open sessions with the instructor still in the car. If you feel that you still need additional instruction, you only need to ask and they will continue with you. Those that have never attended a lapping day, or still desire so, will be provided a class room training session in order to familiarize you with track procedures, theory and proper driving techniques. This is a very low key event with passing only allowed in the two straight sections of the track as a cooperative negotiated event. This is not a race, it is a performance driving school. You will be allowed to go as fast as you can while still proving that you can maintain control at all times. The goal of the event is to make you a better driver at the end of the day then you were at the start. Here is a link to the track web site: TGP Raceway
Lunch will be provided to all participants. SA95 or better helmets must be worn by all drivers. Those that don't have a helmet can rent one at the track, but there are a limited number available, so let me know if you need one.

Let me know if anyone here is interested in coming along. Like I said, there is a limited number of entries allowed and only pre paid participants are guaranteed a spot.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
well since all of my court troubles are behind me..I ll pay my dues finally. I would like to get some lapping practice in before the Z nationals competition.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
TwinDragon:

Are you sure? Have you checked with Desert Z Association?
It's pretty big, they might have something along these lines.

Anyways... I wish I could attend one, but none of my car's are track ready...

Sounds like fun, price isn't that bad either since you get instruction.
Mario

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jesse, what's to be ready. The car simply needs to be road worthy. This is not an SCCA race event. Just join the event and have a good time.

What is it with you guys. You say you enjoy sports cars but no one wants to drive their car on a track. Doesn't make sense to me. So many of you post stories of taking someone on while on the streets but no one seems willing to do it when the police aren't involved. Well guys, what's the story. Who in the southeast wants to put their car on a track to see what they can really do? Who wants to learn something about how to really drive their car? This is the best deal in town so come and get it.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
my brakes and suspension need some work, bub. I need to get new rotors, new lines, flush the system - new pads, and install my T-rods. I will be tracking my car this year though. Dont know if in March - but sometime this summer for sure.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Zazu...if you need a hand,call me.i am only an hour away.

JT...i am trying to talk Mega into attending.put the pressure on him...LOL

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Mega really needs to stretch his supper cars legs. It would be great to see how much all that work has paid off. Come on Mega... Don't be shy!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
As long as I can get the new struts and springs on my Z My '92 NA Slicktop will be there JT240Z. Do you attend the meetings at the new local or even at theold ones? You might remeber my car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.