ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New exhaust for my Z is inevitable..... I used to have the GReddy EVO2 system,a nd I liked the sound, but it could always be louder :). I've asked around done searches on the internet and wore my poor little fingers to the bone trying to find the best kind suited for my car ('92 NA, AT, 2seater)
It seems as if the preferred system from here is Labree, I like ti a lto but still havea few more questions about it.

1.) What is the difference in performance it will make on my car? with either X or H-piping?

2.)Do the resonators effect performance?

3.)how muhc would i be looking at for SS X-pipe w/o resonators, and sebring quad tips.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
311 Posts
according to some guys on here (i don't personally know) the labrees w/o resonators are too loud for the NA. And then x-pipe w/o resonators may be REALLY loud. There's actually a guy on here who has the system with x-pipe WITH resonators and he still wants to switch to h-pipe cause he thinks they're too loud.

Do a search on tsfreeflow and labree and video. If it's still being hosted you can watch that video and see what you think. Just keep in mind that sounds, especially loud ones get distored on video.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
In Exhaust you do not get your sound from the Xpipe, or the H pipe. It helps equal the pressure. The reason why the Xpipe is more favorable over the H is there are no harsh bends, so exhaust gets out quicker. The resonators play a big part in your sound, the bigger the resonator the deeper.

With that said i posted a video a while back, i have Test pipes running into an X with dual magna flows. Its loud. I have to change it because of emissions, so well see what happens when i take away the test pipes.

Stainless steal is expensive for exhaust and i dont care for the look after about a year or so ( i had it on my vette).

With my Z i have aluminized exhaust, I was told that it disapates the heat quicker. The fact that its cheaper is just a bonus.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it's looking like...

X-pipe maybe with resonators and in aluminized style?

Does anyone know what the pricing would be for the X pipe with or without resonators? Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
525 Posts
SooperDave, what type Magnaflows did you install? I am debating between the shiny SS oval units that include tips ( about $150 per side), and the plain XLs with added tips, but the Magnaflow website does not show the polished stainless XL Performance product I've seen from other sources. Is the Magnaflow polished XL no longer offered? Or am I reading the website wrong?

Can you post pics of your installation?

·
Registered
506 Posts
so on a TT car you migth want to have steel down/mid pipes to keep the exhaust speed up or does that only really matter before the turbo?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
<http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_6_19&products_id=74>

Aluminized steel not Stainless......The piping i was talking about earlier is alumnized steel.....

The material has no effects on how fast it moves exhaust, that comes to the design aspect of it....The material determines how well it handles the heat, and how well it ages due to the heat......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.