ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my 225mm NisMo flywheel/clutch combo with a 240mm flywheel/clutch as the NisMo setup is too weak and slips under full power.
I have a stock 240mm flywheel, a custom clutch, and the 240mm release bearing collar.
The assembled height of the old combo and the new combo don't quite add up - The old combo is 106-109mm tall and the new setup is 113-115mm tall(measured from plane at the flywheel/crank interface to the tabs on the collar that the fork rides on).
I saw that the 4 different release bearing collars varied from 42-52mm(I don't know what dimension this is...), so 10mm difference seems like a lot. I have somewhere between 4-9mm.
Anyone got any ideas? How much clearance is there between the collar and the transmission(ie. if it fits, I could concievably make a longer pushrod for the slave cyclinder if it travels too far). My concern is that the collar will jam between the clutch and transmission. Help

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi, i honestly don't know why there is such difference, but i have heard that the 2+2 tranny/clutch is different that regular, but i acctually wanted to know if you want to sell the flywheel/clutch and for how much, please e-mail me if you do want to. I need it soon. [email protected],

Thanx Andrei

P.S. it is a 11lb setup right?

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Use the collar for the application.

If you are using the 240mm flywheel, you should be able to get a collar for a ZX 2+2 or a turbo and the collar should work. It is different than the collar used on the 225mm unit. There are actually more than 4 different collars, but for our discussion, that's o.k.
Long and short, go get the right one.
I was disappointed by the NisMo setup, it burned out waay to early in the dyno run life cycle. I switched to Centerforce Dual Friction, and with the mods Norm mentioned previously, that's an even more bullet proof assy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.