ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a question: im wanting to switch over my L28 to the turbo. i've got two donor cars; both i believe are 81s. one is wrecked, and i haven't heard it run, but is a 5 spd manual like my car. the other i just started up and heard run this afternoon, but it's an automatic.... i would like to use the auto's engine, bc it has rims and everything that i need, plus it's only 100 dollars more than the wrecked one. only drawback is that there is no title, which doesn't matter for my intended uses... anyhoo. that's my q!!

thanks in advance,
weylin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Too easy
I'm rebuilding my L28ET right now and putting it into my 2+2. Just remember the L28E has a different computer and wiring harness than teh L28 so you gotta change that over. Also I'm pretty sure you don't have to change motor mounts on the L28 for any of the 70-83 Z cars. Slickzx
P.S. talk to your local z-shop in person and they can tell you anything you need to know and should have any part you need.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh i wish i HAD a local z shop! but my main question is concerning the transmission switching-- from auto to manual... is there any fabs or any other kind of mods i'd have to do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.