ZCar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking for some help. Not sure if anyone can share some useful information or links. I’ve tried searching forums but I’ll I get are nay-sayers or no info at all. I’m trying to find out if anyone has attempted or knows of a l28 swapped z31. I’ve found thread that was semi useful but it was all speculation. Some others say that people in Japan have done this frequently but I haven’t found any documentation to back that up. Anyone able to help here?

· Registered
2,854 Posts
Post topic says "Z32" and in your post says "Z31".......... which one is it? Two different cars and two different engines (though they both are VG30)
I have never actually seen an L28 swap in a 3rd or 4th gen, but I suppose it is possible and people have most likely done it... but why? are you wanting to do that?
it might not be worth it as it would be a lot of work and fabrication. have you ever seen a VG outside of the car with the tranny attached? it's massive.
my old mechanic used to say my Z31's engine was like a GTR, in the way that he didn't like working on the thing.

I'm not trying to steer you away from doing the swap, just saying it might be more work than its worth.

Bon

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post topic says "Z32" and in your post says "Z31".......... which one is it? Two different cars and two different engines (though they both are VG30)
I have never actually seen an L28 swap in a 3rd or 4th gen, but I suppose it is possible and people have most likely done it... but why? are you wanting to do that?
it might not be worth it as it would be a lot of work and fabrication. have you ever seen a VG outside of the car with the tranny attached? it's massive.
my old mechanic used to say my Z31's engine was like a GTR, in the way that he didn't like working on the thing.

I'm not trying to steer you away from doing the swap, just saying it might be more work than its worth.

Bon
I meant z31, just a typo. And I don’t really mind the cost or the time it takes to do it, this is going to be a long term goal. Probably a year or two max. I plan on selling the engine and trans to fund some of the swap. I’ve got some cool ideas in mind.

· Registered
2,854 Posts
Odd motor swaps.... I'll never understand it.
btw, Pilgrim I a got the wheel chock, good to go. thanks.

Bon

Reactions: pilgrim
1 - 7 of 7 Posts