ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to install headers on my L28. I was wondering if I should dual it out or not -- I don't know which would give me greater performance. Also, would an '81 L28 Turbo install pretty easily into a '77 280z 2+2 body? Thank you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you put a header with 2 1/2 exhaust and muffler I have found it has worked better for me than when I used duals. About the turbo swap, yes it can be done with some work, some say it is an easy swap, but to the person doing it, it's quite a bit of work and time both installing and sorting it out later. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I would stick with the single. I love the sound of the dual exhaust.
The thing I have found with dual exhasts is first of all you have twice as much stuff under there. two pipes two mufflers. It will limit the amount of room down ther to work on anything else also they are more prone to installation difficulties. Rubbing against the floor and rattling on the frame etc.
I prefer to keep things simple, but if you like the sound of dualies just make sure you do a good job of installing it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree -- I do love the sound of dual exhaust. However, I was wondering which would give you a better hp/torque gain. I'd sacrifice sound for speed any day.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I don't think one is any better than the other for that, your main concern is backpressure or how much oomph it takes your engine to shove the exhaust out.
I have the 2 1/2 inch system from MSA and I have tripple Webbers and I am very pleased with it performance wise.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
headers are only good for about 5 HP on a 280Z not much bang for the buck... Plus it you go turbo there goes the header...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About how much hp would I get from taking off my cad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.