Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I expect to get my block back from the machine shop soon and need some ideas about the block breather tube and PCV hose routing from the valve cover. I'm running triple Mikunis with K&N filters. Looking at the Haynes manual hose routing for an original 240Z, it looks like the valve cover port acts as the inlet and the block breather functions as manifold-ported exhaust. Until now I've just had those ports venting to atmosphere (filtered, of course). It seems like the factory routing would result in a sort of massive intake leak, though I'm sure it is taken into account. This sort of routing doesn't seem possible with triple Mikunis, since one cylinder would be exposed to the PCV intake "leak," but the others won't. Because of special licensing on my car, emissions tests and inspections are not an issue. What I'm trying to avoid is that pesky film of oil that always used to result from oil vapor coming from the two open ports and sticking to everything under the hood.

Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks.
Q

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Vac-U-Pan:

Speed shops sell this device. It is a one way valve that is welded to the exhaust. It allows for evacuation of the crankcase through the exhaust. Works good...not emissions legal...keeps crankcase pressures down, which does not occur with a filter attached to the breather tube on the block. This has been used in racing applications for a long time.
H4lights.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.