ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possable? and if so would i still be able to use my centerforce I clutch and my 4 speed trany? What mods will i have to do (motormounts)?

Also, how much is a 280 five speed worth that is in good shape? My uncle thinks he can get 500 bucks for it, but i think he is nutts.

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
your uncle is nuts, lol, maybe more like 125 or 150. as for the l28 block and e88 head yes you can do it but if you were i would suggest going with bigger intake and exhaust valves. makes a cr of about 9.5:1 as for your 4 speed why couldnt you use it? good luck with your project

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's possible, and i have such engine: N42 block with 72 E88 head,head has bigger valves from 280Z N47 head.If you interesting or have question you can e-mail me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Are you saying that bigger valves give you more compression?

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
no thats silly to even assume that. god man what are you thinking, what im saying is with that block head combination f 54 and e88, the bigger valves will help your engine breathe better, making better use of your head block combo with a proper cam and fuel delivery set up

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
forgot to mention which block you were using, is it the early block wiht dished pistons, or the later which i assumed, sorry and better F54 block?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.